Alumni and friends of the UW–Madison Department of Computer Sciences (CS) can take pride in the department’s track record of cutting-edge research and its creative, motivated students who go on to make important contributions in the private and public sectors and academia. The department’s innovative outreach programs also help more kids gain exposure to computing — and begin to envision a future in computing for themselves.
As one of the first and most respected computer science departments in the country, we are proud of this place, and we hope you are, too! As state and federal funding for the university shrink, private support plays an increasingly critical role in maintaining our level of excellence. Your gift, of any size, will help us remain a top department. Gifts to CS support things like:
- Scholarships for outstanding undergraduates and top recruits to our graduate programs
- Summer research assistantships
- Graduate fellowships for doctoral students
- Funding to support department student organizations
- Faculty recruitment in critical areas
- Distinguished lectures and other extracurricular learning opportunities